Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Well this is the first post since we arrived in Hawaii and I will now relate the events that I have experienced so far.
The first day, which was Saturday, we spent all day on the plane. The first flight was on a turbo prop plane that took us to Portland. It was only a forty-minute flight but it was lots of fun just because of how bumpy it was. When we landed in the tiny airport in Portland, we had a one and a half hour layover. Then we got on a six-hour flight and then we finally got to Oahu. Then we got on another connecting flight to the big island. By the time, we were done with the day we had spent the whole day on an airplane. On Sunday we just hung out, we looked in the phone book for a church, and apparently, they are not into the frozen chosen thing. So, we ended up staying home and just getting the feel for the condo. On Monday, we went to the beach, which was one of the most beautiful things, and defiantly the most beautiful beach that I have ever seen. The water was the most gorgeousus green-blue that I have ever seen. We had previously rented some boogie boards. Basically, for those of you who do not know what boogie board is I will explain. a Boogie board is a very fun, short piece of a surfboard, which is about four feet long. The fast feeling of flying down a wave on the verge of having your face planted on the sand below is very exhilarating. If you did catch a wave and wiped out you feel utterly helpless and like a limp rag. When the wave hits you wrong, you get sucked under the water and you just feel helpless. Once I even hit my head on the bottom. One minute the water would be chest high and sometimes there would not be any water. That day Grant and I got sun burnt like you would not believe. Tuesday since none of us were feeling very good because of our sunburns we just went on a drive up to the north side of the island. Some of the places that we went to a person would swear that it was in the middle of Arizona. Eleven climates on the big island out of twelve make up the world and I think that we must have seen them all.
Last night we went to a luau. That was really cool. They actually had a Christian theme, which included a prayer before the meal, and God glorifying songs. I think that the Polynesian show was the best especially the fire dance dude. My favorite part of the dance was when the guy licked the fire end and caught his tongue on fire so as to light the other end of the stick. Well I have got to go because I am going to go to the pool to get used to snorkel gear.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth said...

Hawaii!!! That's wonderful! Have a beautiful trip!

8:18 PM

 
Blogger E,L&M's Mom said...

Too bad you are having such a great time. I am trying hard not to be jealous. Okay, I'm not jealous of the sunburn, but the waves.... yeah, I really miss that part.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger chef ninja pirate with a wisk said...

that sooooooooo cool i want a shark get me a big shark!!!! hope you have fun

6:57 PM

 
Blogger Mother Hen said...

Yeah, the sunburn part has not been fun at all. Especially the blisters and that lizard feeling when you peal. Ick!

10:29 PM

 
Blogger Jake said...

thanks MOM!!!!!

3:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home